This is an ad for an official Batman costume that is in a 1992 Starlog Magazine.
I never ordered anything from this ad but I did read it and imagine though.
There were several reasons why I never ordered any of this official Batman gear.
1. What Bat-collector cuts up a piece of their Bat-collection?
There was a form in the magazine that you had to fill out and send in with your order.
They allowed for crazy Bat-collecting.
2. The cost.
The Cowl was really the only piece I wanted and it was $55.95!
Sure the cape came with unique dowel rods for full extension but $79.95?
Bat-spats for $29.95? In 1992 you could buy a really nice pair of real boots for that price.
3. In 1992 I was 27 and had two small kids at home. This is a really good reason not to spend money on a Bat-costume. Diapers and formula were needed at home.
4. When would I wear it?
Halloween? Parties? To watch T.V.?
5. I had a wife at home who would have made fun of me no matter when I would have found a reason to wear the suit.
6. Friends and family would have made fun of me if they found out I ever wore the suit.
7. If my wife ever found out what the suit would have cost she would have killed me.
8. I was afraid I would look as dorky as this guy.
So I am Cowless.
Bubba over at Toyriffic had the perfect post to accompany this post. See it HERE.